The Monster Hunter series has always been somewhat of a niche title. It seemed to sell well enough, but it never hit blockbuster status. It is a brilliant and fun series that rewards you for putting in the effort to build your character. You would start off each game by picking either male or female, customizing slightly and choosing what style of weapon you would like to use. Generations is supposed to be the most customizable ever, Looking forward to finding out, should be out July 15. So really the game is just around the corner. If you cant wait that long there will be a demo out June 30th and anything you do in it will carry over to the full game. There area numerous improvements to the series, so veterans and new comers alike should both have something new to discover. Here are some facts about the new features to the game.
• Co-op online multiplayer – For some of the best online multiplayer the Nintendo 3DS has to offer, join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play.
• Most customizable yet – Players can create the most custom, personalized playstyle of any Monster Hunter game. Choose from four Styles and many powerful, visually striking Hunter Arts for a truly customized gameplay experience.
o “Style” system – New to this installment, players can choose from four distinct combat Styles, offering new ways to utilize each of the 14 weapon types.
o Striking “Hunter Arts” – Combat looks even more impressive with the addition of these devastating attacks, indispensable field skills and power-ups.
o 14 weapon types – Experiment with and master 14 different weapon types and craft tons of unique equipment. Players are never cemented into any combat choices such as weapons or style and are encouraged to experiment with and find builds that best fit their desired hunting preferences.
o Gear crafting – Fell massive beasts to obtain resources for crafting countless weapons and armor fashioned after the game’s colossal creatures. Study the enemy’s habits and tactics to discover weak points or parts that can be broken for bonus rewards.
• Fresh challenges and returning favorites – Face a roster of brand new monsters like Glavenus of the Fated Four in addition to plenty of returning fan-favorites like the sly Nargacuga as a tribute to the last decade of Monster Hunter.
o The Fated Four – Brand new monsters posing major threats to the local villagers of areas like the snowy mountain town of Pokke Village.
o Deviant Monsters – Powerful enemies like the Dreadqueen Rathian and Grimclaw Tigrex have survived previous hunter encounters and have taken on new traits and abilities. These are sure to provide a challenge for even the most seasoned huntero Villages and environments – Explore four different villages, each with their own look and
feel along the quest to defeat the Fated Four, and 21 different hunting locations which are a
blend of both new and enhanced fan-favorites—including some never before seen in the
• New playable Felyne “Prowlers” – Previously only available as custom support AI partners
called “Palicoes,” Felynes are now playable in “Prowler” mode with their own questlines and rewards,
unique gameplay mechanics and gear.
• Collaboration content – Equip hunters and Palicoes with special themed collaboration costumes
and weapons based on popular series such as Fire Emblem and Mega Man.
• StreetPass features – Collect tickets via StreetPass to access special Deviant monster quests.
Players can also send and receive customizable guild cards.
• MH4U save data bonus – Those with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate save data will receive a bonus
item pack that includes an exclusive Palico armor set, potions, in-game money, and more to help dive
right in to the hunt.
• Nintendo 3DS touch screen features – Provides easy access to in-game information, weapons,
field maps and mini games, as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main
• New Nintendo 3DS system support – Experience enhanced graphics, C-stick functionality and
mappable ZL and ZR buttons for Hunter Arts.
See larger image